Meet Leslie Mora

Tod Kemper

Leslie Mora

Learning Experience Design Associate

What I Do

As a Learning Experience Design Associate, I assist in collaborating with subject matter experts and educators to analyze learning needs and goals, and then design instructional strategies that align with those objectives. This could include selecting appropriate content delivery methods, designing assignments, and planning overall learning flow. I collaborate with instructional designers, educators, graphic designers, and other team members to ensure the successful execution of educational projects and student learning. Overall my role is to bridge the gap between effective instructional design and user-centered design principles to help create engaging and impactful learning experiences for learners in various educational settings.

What I Did

Most recently, I worked for San Carlos Apache Healthcare Corporation as a Front Desk Coordinator. I assisted in providing housing to the corporation’s providers and invited guests at the corporation’s private hotel.

Prior to that I was a High School Teacher at Miami Junior Senior High School, for 5 years. I taught Computer Science, Leadership, Robotics, Biology, STEM and Junior High Science. I had the opportunity to teach while I was in my internship and gained so much from my experiences as a teacher.

What I Studied

I received my BAE with an emphasis in Biology in May of 2022 from Arizona State University and plan to pursue my MA Ed. in Learning Design and Technologies.

What I Like

Outside of work, I enjoy spending quality time with my family and friends. I have a 13 year old son who plays every sport and attending his games and supporting him brings me so much pride and joy.

As a single parent, I stay busy but I love every minute of it. We have an amazing support system and I’m thankful for everyone because it truly takes a village to raise a child. And our village is extraordinary.

Favorite FSE Value

Favorite FSE Value

Building a foundation for all to be successful! Building a foundation for all to be successful is my favorite and resonates with me most because I began my education career at the peak of COVID and I had to quickly learn and adapt to different modalities but still find ways for my students to be successful in their education. In this line of work we have to find ways to make courses adaptable, available and current for learners to ensure every student and instructor succeeds.