Meet Jennifer Mansfield

Jennifer Mansfield

LEARNING EXPERIENCE DESIGNER SR.

What I Do

I have been a Learning Experience Designer with the Fulton Schools of Engineering at ASU since July 2016. One of the best parts of my job is getting to partner with faculty in creating meaningful learning experiences for students. I even get to learn little tidbits along the way. For example, I now know there are only 14 Bravais Lattices

Some areas of particular interest for me are Brain-based Learning, the journey from novice to expert, and the role storytelling plays in learning. I see the creation of learning experiences to be like putting together a giant jigsaw puzzle. It is exciting to see the pieces come together to create an intriguing picture.

What I Did

Prior to joining the team at ASU I worked for the Maricopa Community College District at both the South Mountain and GateWay campuses in their Centers for Teaching and Learning doing faculty development. Previous to that, I worked in industry for a custom eLearning company as well as K-12 education.

What I Studied

I received my bachelors from Brigham Young University where I had the amazing opportunity to study abroad in the Middle East (Israel and Egypt) for a semester. Graduate school is what initially brought me to Arizona from the east coast. I received my masters degree from ASU in Instructional Design & Educational Technology in 2004.

What I Like

Outside of work I have several loves – historical fiction, a couple of cats and gameshows. I am also an avid watcher of ‘The Amazing Race’ and like to plan kooky adventures to far off lands.

Growing up as an Army brat I had the opportunity to spend hours with my family traveling in the car from coast to coast as we moved. They are some of my most favorite people and I appreciate that we can have full conversations consisting of nothing but movie quotes.

Favorite FSE Value

Favorite FSE Value

Foster a community of learning and collaboration! One of my favorite parts of my job and Fulton in general is the opportunity to work with varied faculty and even at times students to think outside the box and test out ideas that will enable them to accomplish their educational and professional goals.