Meet Sue Huffman

Sue Huffman

LEARNING EXPERIENCE DESIGNER 

What I Do

I’m a Learning Experience Designer with the Fulton Schools of Engineering.

What I Did

Prior to joining the LTH team (and moving to Arizona!), I worked a variety of jobs surrounding STEAM Education.  I taught physics and chemistry to high school students and simple computer coding to elementary school students. As a program coordinator for a non-profit science center, I developed K12 activities and summer camps, often collaborating with engineering and geology departments to align curriculum with their research efforts; for example, resoldering an RC car to charge wirelessly or programming a micro computer to detect water. I also managed a scholarship program, guiding and supporting undergraduate students on their path to becoming math and science teachers!

What I Studied

I graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso with a bachelor’s degree in biological sciences and a minor in secondary education. I am currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Science Education from Montana State University and should complete it in Summer of 2023.

What I Like

Outside of work, I enjoy thrifting used clothes, decor, and books (I welcome dog-ears and bent spines). I like being creative, digitally with an iPad and physically with embroidery, collage, and pointillism. I also appreciate casual hiking, spending time with my family when I can, and playing cute and easy video games.