Meet Medha Dalal

Medha Dalal

ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, SCHOLARLY INITIATIVES

What I Do

My role at the hub involves collaborating with departments and faculty on student success initiatives that are informed by evidence-based teaching strategies. I also work as an assistant research professor in the Engineering Education Systems and Design program and the STEER Lab at The Polytechnic School. My research explores ways of thinking to address complex engineering education challenges and democratize engineering education. I also teach engineering design, learning design, and sustainability education courses.

What I Did

My experience at ASU includes diverse undertakings in interdisciplinary environments such as co-leading research on NSF-funded pre-college engineering education initiatives, promoting scholarship of teaching and learning, Fulbright teacher professional development, instructional design, and online teaching. Prior to coming to ASU, I worked as a senior lecturer of Computer Science and Information Science at engineering colleges in India; and in industry as a software engineer and a product release manager.

What I Studied

My conferred degrees include a PhD in Learning, Literacies and Technologies with a focus on Engineering Education from Arizona State University, a Master’s in Computer Science from New York University, and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Gujarat University in India.

What I Like

My hobbies include reading, listening to world music, and travelling to new places.