What is Playposit?
Playposit is an interactive web-based video platform that allows educators to provide formative assessment both inside and outside the classroom. Teachers are able to embed quiz-type questions, pauses and jumps into videos on Youtube, Vimeo, Khan Academy and other video platforms such as ASU Media+. Data can then be analyzed on the individual or group level, providing insight into educational trends in the classroom.
Why should I use Playposit?
- Student engagement and accountability with the embedding of various formative engagement types within video content.
- Students can take digital time-stamped notes that allow for easy review and jumping around the video later. Notes can be downloaded and printed. They are also viewable by the instructor.
- Video viewing and performance analytics.
- PlayPosit at ASU is integrated into the Canvas learning management system.
How do I go about getting started?
Contact the FSE Learning and Teaching Hub at [email protected] and we can assist you in getting started.
Consider your goals for using the tool with your videos. This can impact how you embed PlayPosit bulbs (videos) into your course.
- Assignment – If you plan on using grade passback, you will need to link your bulbs using the ‘External Tool’ submission type in a Canvas Assignment.
- Canvas Page – If you do not plan on adding interactions or you do not need grade passback then you can embed your bulbs in a Canvas Page using the Apps button (hint – looks like a plug) on the Canvas Rich Text Editor Toolbar.
Once you see the PlayPosit interface, follow the steps outlined here to create a new Bulb for your students.
How can I get help?
- ASU Slack learning channels such as #asu_lms and #learning_design
- FSE Learning and Teaching Hub at [email protected] and we can assist you in getting started and discuss how to use the tool.